Friday, March 3, 2017

Self obsession

Positive side Self obsession 

Self obsession has never been taken kindly. It is taken as the negative side of human behavior. Self obsessed people are selfish, intolerant, angry , egoistic and all that. But if we think little dispassionately we will find that self obsession is not all that bad. It has its own positive sides.

Self obsession is nothing more than self fulfillment and there is nothing wrong in that. A child is wants fulfillment of  his needs and is fully content when the needs are fulfilled. The happiness that surfaces on the face of a child after a feed or diaper change can match any true happiness. No one calls this child 'self obsessed. As the child grows up he realizes that no one will feed his needs and he alone will have to work for it. He does what he feels is right for fulfilling his needs. Is that wrong?

If I am obsessed with myself it means I value myself as no one else knows me better than I do. If I do not value myself no one will. If I do not feed or dress myself no one will.  So why not eat the best and dress  the latest? This way I have satisfied my needs and presented myself in my best to the whole world. It is up to the world to make sense. I have made sense to myself. This is the positive side.

If I do not beat my own drum no one will. So why not beat it lauder, loudest? If I have a camera and I do not take my own selfie and let the whole world know about it why am I carrying the load of that camera? This is the positive side.

You may say I consider myself the world that resolves around me. What difference does it make? If you want to revolve around the world so be it. I am not pulling the rug from under your feet. This is the positive side.

You may say I am selfish. When was the last time you donated your wealth and became a pauper?  I am not taking your share. I am just protecting mine. This is the positive side. 

You may say I prevail upon others and do not value others opinion. I never said if you are not with me you are against me. Similarly if I am not with you it does not mean I am against you. That is the positive side.

If I do not write this piece and show you how brilliant I am at this art of self expression/self modulation how would you know me? This is the positive side.

If you do not like the above and bracket it within "self obsession" it is your problem. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Universal Language of Love and Hate.

Universal Language of Love and Hate. Sometimes, I wonder, why humans developed languages or even need them? If we look back, we will realize...