Sunday, December 3, 2017

Politics of Hate

"In a foreseeable future, I  will be dead person.  I want to remind you that dead people are people too. There are good dead people and there bad dead people. Dead people have fought in every war."- Tom Davis.

I read this quote recently in a book. I am forced and anguished to quote this here in the midst of Gujarat elections.  Even dead people are not being spared. One that was covering nose with a hanky to ward off the bad smell is a dead person. All living people do the same.  Like all living people that person was also a people. Like all dead people that person too was good and bad. That person also fought wars on personal level. That person also fought wars that were forced upon. In some that person won, in some lost , as all living people do.

I wish, though hopelessly,  that dead people were spared of such hateful treatment for the sake of a few votes. After all, one day we all will not be here.

Am I asking for too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universal Language of Love and Hate.

Universal Language of Love and Hate. Sometimes, I wonder, why humans developed languages or even need them? If we look back, we will realize...