Saturday, June 20, 2015

RETURN TO THE BLUE LAGOON



RETURN TO THE BLUE LAGOON
As I was boringly surfing the channels, I saw this movie being aired on a channel. I had seen the ‘Blue lagoon’ long back and liked it. Curiosity is the mother all what we see around us. So I watched the movie to the end. The message - the civilized world is full of lies and guns and hence not worth returning to.
I am told there are some 5000 islands in the world we live in and many of them are inhabited. In some of these islands the inhabitants are called primitives or tribes. I believe may be they are there just as the couple and their child in the movie, remnants of a wrecked ship, waiting for some ship to spot them and take back to civilization. And like this couple in the movie, they also decided to stay put.
They have their own ‘civilization’. It starts with simple rules, some basic dos and don’ts. Nothing in is writing, just passed on from one generation to another. The basic rules are –never tell a lie, never steal, never kill your fellow tribal, share your exploits and so on.
How would it feel to be primitive or tribal, thousands of miles away from the modern civilization?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Universal Language of Love and Hate.

Universal Language of Love and Hate. Sometimes, I wonder, why humans developed languages or even need them? If we look back, we will realize...