Friday, June 12, 2015

MEN DO NOT CRY



Men do not cry
But he was crying, sobbing inconsolably. I had never seen him crying and shedding tears in the past. It was unbecoming of him. He was the one who used to tell us men do not cry. It was not that he had no reasons to cry –like untimely of death of his father- but he could hold himself and we thought he was trying to hold himself for the huge responsibilities he had as the eldest in the family of four teenaged brothers and sisters.
He also did not cry when his first born died within days of his birth. We thought he was trying to hold himself so that his wife may gather herself.
He did not cry when his mother died recently of a dreaded disease. We thought he was in a way relieved.
From our very childhood we were told ‘boys do not cry’ and we never cried, not in the presence of girl/girls. Many a times, we felt like crying or at least shedding a few tears but this conditioning stopped us from doing so. He was one such type.
Then what had happened now. To the best of our knowledge he was well settled, so were his children and his wife was very wifely so to say.
“I miss him so much’-at last he spoke. “He was everything to me, my father, my mother, my friend, philosopher and guide. Every time, I was down, he was there to hold me.’
He was talking about his friend Sudhir who had died a few days back in a tragic accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universal Language of Love and Hate.

Universal Language of Love and Hate. Sometimes, I wonder, why humans developed languages or even need them? If we look back, we will realize...