Sunday, May 19, 2013

THE HORIZON OF MY DREAMS-SHORT STORY-PART 1-MEETING THE HORIZON

I never knew the true meaning of horizon until we met. As a child I was told horizon was the point where the sky meets the earth. I believed so because I could see it as far as my eyes could take me. I thought of going that far one day and see it for myself. I simply imagined it as best as my imagination could lead me. It was a place where the fairies resided. It was a place full of goodies, dolls, flowers, candies, fancy dresses. As I grew up, I fantasized of horizon a place where two lovers met. Then I was told there was no horizon. It was only an illusion. I tried to go by this logic but imagining, to me, was something very natural. One has to imagine things what one cannot see. Don’t we have an imaginary figure of God, our own God, different from all other Gods? We imagine places we have not seen but hope to see some day. Some places look so beautiful in photographs. May be they are or are not that beautiful in reality. I imagined of foreign lands where soil was green, not as brown and black as ours. I imagined of rainbow forests, silvery peaks, and flowery valleys. I dreamt of all what I thought was beautiful, mesmerizing and twinkling. I was not sure if they existed but I had to convince myself again and again that they did. I met my horizon in you and that convinced me that my dreams were for real. You encompassed me from all sides possessing, protecting and forgiving like the horizon encompasses the earth. I was scared and lacked confidence. You gave me wings to fly and together we flew over the mountains, down the valleys, across the oceans and along the winds. At times we flew against the winds also. Initially I was scared of flying but you were there to hold my hand and I was no more scared. You gave me strength to swim against the tides of the deep and stormy oceans, race along the fast and furious rivers. Why does it happen that faith surmounts all hills? Could I have done this without you or you were there just to witness that I could do it? I knew you will support me if I fall. My faith knew no logic. Strange it does look, but we were not even known to each other before we were made to live life together by our parents. I remember those early days of strangeness and hesitation. As days passed, realization drew home the reality of a life to be lived together. You made it so easy by taking care of me. You could read my mind and peep into my heart. How else you knew everything before I even conceived it? I agree that there are people who can do it if they are in love you. You made me so dependent on you that I could not visualize a life without you. I never wanted to be otherwise. It gave me some unspeakable pleasure and sensation beyond the boundaries of our relationship. I loved being dependent on you. You were perfection incarnate. The horizon of your love for me knew no boundaries. It was limit less. It is for this reason of need for limitless love that the earth does not want to touch the sky. How can it touch the sky that is protecting it from all sides? Illusion it may seem but touching the limitless may defile its purity. How can a mortal human be so perfect? How can one even think of touching perfection? You made me a person capable of facing the world on my own terms. You taught me everything as if I will need them. I could overcome my shyness, my lack of confidence in myself and more importantly to be always on your side in every situation good or bad, pleasant or unpleasant, success or failure. You insisted that I complete my education and obtain a professional degree. You insisted that I take up the job offered to me during the placement times. And then fate snatched you away from me. You knew it. Didn’t you? Now I can recall your words why you wanted me to be strong and independent –‘you may need it Darling’. Trust me I did not fail. You must have seen it from where ever you are. I am raising our child the way you would have wanted. I am not perfect and have to stand on my guard all the time. What if I fail? What if my horizon gets blurred? Continued---

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universal Language of Love and Hate.

Universal Language of Love and Hate. Sometimes, I wonder, why humans developed languages or even need them? If we look back, we will realize...