Saturday, January 26, 2013

A TRUE CONFESSION-THE REASON FOR STRESS AND DISCRIMINATION IS MAN -HUMOR

My Lord! I have a confession to make. I confess that I am, the man, is the reason for stress for and discrimination against women. From the very beginning I have caused her stress and have discriminated against her in every possible way. It started from the day she innocently offered me that damn apple. Before that she was a very happy person. She would get up in the morning, go about her usual chorus, wander in the vast splendor of the mighty ocean on her boat, occasionally anchor the boat close to some island, collect fruits for a few weeks’ requirement and return to her heaven under the banyan tree for a good night sleep. Then I appeared as I had lost my way in the vast expanse of the ocean and requested her to show the way. She was kind to offer me some sweet water and a fruit which later on I came to know was called apple. I ate the fruit and drank some water and asked for her permission to leave for my destination, still unknown to me. She told me it was too late in the night and I could do so in the morning. I agreed and rested under that banyan tree. Something happened that night and in the morning neither I asked for her leave to go nor did she ask me to go. We would roam about the island, pick fruits and thought we would live happily ever after until one morning she complained of sickness. It was the first morning of sickness but many more mornings of stress. She had no clue what was happening to her nor did I. We thought it would pass. There was no question of my leaving her in this state of affairs. Her belly started growing up bigger and bigger and with this the stress became acute to the point of beyond tolerance. My Lord, since then there has been no let up in the stress level. It has only gone up. In time we were joined by another being like her. After some time she again had those morning sicknesses and then one more addition of a being under the banyan tree sometimes like her, sometimes like me. We developed some sort of feelings for them and consciously knew they were our responsibilities. My lord responsibilities add up to stress more for her because she stopped going out for the sake of them and thus lost her independence. I, on the other hand was not stressed because my job was to remain outside most of the time and for that I had a big excuse of collecting fruits. I confess I should have helped her. My Lord! I also confess I have discriminated against her, not only against her but also against like her. Like me, my likes also joined me in remaining outside for collecting fruits. They learnt pretty fast how not to return before sunset and avoid helping the ‘shes’. I sided with them even though I knew I was wrong. I made sure that those like me got all the attention, ate the best fruits and did practically nothing around the banyan tree. I discriminated against them because they were not like me. With the passage of time, we learnt more tricks to make living more living like. We covered the trunk of banyan tree from all sides and made a cover over our heads to save us from rain and cold. I would say we became sort of permanent livers under that banyan tree. The grownups like me and like her left for better living and probably settled under some tree in pairs of like me and like her. My Lord! I am the 100000000000000000000000000000000thafter as many winters. Today we are so to say modern and civilized but I confess nothing has changed for her, we call woman. I, now called man, am solely responsible for her stressful life and I leave no opportunity to discriminate against her. Still today I do not share any household responsibilities while she for long started sharing outside responsibilities. Her stress level has increased many folds but I couldn’t care less. Same with discrimination. I discriminate against her from day one. She gets lesser clothes, lesser food, lesser education and sadly lesser love. She employed lesser than us, is paid lesser than us, promoted lesser than us and forced to quit in the so called family interest. My Lord! This is my confession, my sin and my redemption. I know it is too little but I think partly it is your fault too. You could have kept me with you. She would have been still single, stress free and independent. She definitely could have lived without me. Now she has got used to me and I am used to her. Confession is the only way-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universal Language of Love and Hate.

Universal Language of Love and Hate. Sometimes, I wonder, why humans developed languages or even need them? If we look back, we will realize...