Friday, August 12, 2011

FAMILY FEUDS CAN DESTROY A WHOLE LIFE

FAMILY FEUDS CAN DESTROY A WHOLE LIFE
(As narrated by a friend)
Family feuds can play havoc with the lives of not only the elders but also with the lives of children.
Our two families were neighbors for years and had very good relations. We grew up together as children and we did everything that comes naturally to children. We played together, ate together and at times slept together. We had our dozes of fights, swearing, not talking to each other but it lasted for a few hours only.
And then we saw some ugly things happening between our two families. Initially there were some small fights on small issues but finally resulted into court cases. It was beyond our understanding why the elders have stopped talking to each other. All what we could understand was that it was something to do with a plot of land both families have purchased jointly.
Court cases continued and so did the enmity. We were no more allowed to play together. I was taken out from the school and admitted in some other school. Our doors now closed on them and theirs on us. No more joint tea sessions or festivals.
The dooms day came. Police was at our door step. They arrested my father and charged him with the murder of our once friendly neighbor. He had shot him dead outside the court. He was sentenced to life imprisonment.
He lost his father to death and I lost my father to Jail for being the cause of it. As a result we both became orphans. Our bread earners had gone.
We sold our house and settled in a rented house in far away locality. Life was tough but my mother somehow managed to see me though college. I landed in a good job and there were no worries on account of finances now. I do not know why but I wanted to know about my friend. Deep down I felt guilty.
I went to the old locality which was completely changed by now. They had also left the locality and few enquiries revealed that they were living in abject poverty as his mother could not make both ends meet for the family of 4 children. Further enquiries proved futile.
My father is due to come home after completing his Jail term. I am not in a position to face him and forgive him for all what he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universal Language of Love and Hate.

Universal Language of Love and Hate. Sometimes, I wonder, why humans developed languages or even need them? If we look back, we will realize...