Monday, September 5, 2011

GET LOST - STORY


GET LOST
I loved my younger brother so much. Even his disturbing antics, me while I was reading or listening to music, amused me. I did get mad at him once in a while but we made up soon enough. Did I forget to tell you that we were born on the same day i.e. on 10th of October with 5 years gap It was my 8th and his 3rd Birth day.
Our parents were too good or should I say are too good? Never mind. Both of our parents are working and therefore whenever we think of holidays or any such thing which means going out of town for a few days, there is always the clashing of dates. It is mostly Dad, who had to opt out due to some pressing situation in his business. Our parent had decided to take us to a beautiful beach for weekend excursion as a birthday gift and as usually happens, Dad had to excuse himself. Mom anyway, decided to go as planned.
So, on a happy afternoon, we left for the beach, some 250 miles from our town and reached there in the evening having lot of fun on the way, which I will pass here.
We had some baggage and the Hotel lobby was crowded. Mom had to check in and asked me take care of the baggage and more importantly of the naughty kid, I mean my younger brother. Within these few minutes, he made my life difficult. He was too excited to visit the beach as it was his first time. I tried to keep him close to me but every time he would run out on the driveway. I got mad and told him to ‘get lost’. Meantime, a big group of kids came in the lobby and I lost sight of my kid brother. I yelled in no particular direction asking him to come back.
Mom was by my side by now. I told her what happened. She ran out to find him but he was nowhere to be seen. She asked everyone, if they had seen a small kid of three years, but nobody was of any help. Whole night and next day, Mom tried to find him with the help of local police but all in vain. Dad had also joined.
We were all dejected. Mom was crying all the time and so was I. He could not be traced. My parents did not lose hope. The Police was trying hard. The was no limit to our happiness , when after exactly 39 days, the Police called my parents to come to the police station and identify the kid whom they had recovered from a gang of child lifter . It sure was my kid brother , who was handed over to us after some formalities
It was the happiest day of my life. I had been cursing myself all these days for having told my brother those dreadful words "GET LOST". I could never have forgiven myself for my life, if God was not kind to send my kid brother back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universal Language of Love and Hate.

Universal Language of Love and Hate. Sometimes, I wonder, why humans developed languages or even need them? If we look back, we will realize...