Monday, September 5, 2011

COLORS OF LIFE-2. WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING HERE


COLORS OF LIFE-2.WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING HERE?

·         It was an evening of thrills and turned out to be the thrill of life. It was Friday night and we friends were enjoying our drinks in a hotel room at Gwalior, owned by one of the friends. It had been raining all the day and the evening was very pleasant. Veg and non-veg snacks were doing rounds with drinks. We were all enjoying every bit of it and on the hilarious jokes of Tiwary, the forest officer. We had our fill and decided to go for a drive and return for late dinner. We all loaded ourselves on Satnam’s Jeep, the hotel owner and off we went to Bombay –Agra High Way towards Agra. We might have gone some 25 Kms and decided to return. Tiwary took on wheels. Just about 5 Kms. to the Hotel, the Jeep, in order to save an accident the Jeep skidded and was deep in the rice fields. We made all efforts to pull it back on the road but failed.

·         It was already midnight by the time we managed to return to hotel by hitch hiking on a passing truck. Hotel staff, thinking we might have had our dinner at some other place, closed the kitchen. We were hungry but there was no choice and decided to go to our places of stay.  

·         Next day evening Tiwary’s wife informed Satnam that he had not returned home. We made some more enquiries but without any clue. We decided to file a FIR with the police and narrated the whole story to them. We were feeling the guilt. Police started enquiry in their own way. This was another problem. We all were asked not to leave the town without their permission.

·         After 3 days Tiwary turns up at the Hotel in the evening. He had shaved his head fully and was in a very relaxing mood. By this time he had come to know everything from his wife. This is what he said what happened after we all dispersed on that fateful night ( in his own words.)

·         “I was feeling so hungry and didn’t want to bother my wife. I knew something must be available at the Railway station, so I went there. My head was still swinging and the effect of drinks was evident. I had a few sandwiches at the station. I enquired from  people where they going and almost everyone was going somewhere, some to Bhopal, some to Delhi and some to Agra. I realized I was the only going nowhere. I asked myself what the hell I am doing here. I boarded the train to Agra standing at the platform and went to sleep on a vacant bench. In the morning I got up at Agra and went to the forest rest house. By this time I was sober. There I decided to play a prank on you guys and did not inform any one. I wanted to enjoy the tamasa.  I got my head shaved had extensive massage for two days and relaxed. I returned this morning and my wife told me everything. I went to the police station and had the FIR withdrawn. Now I am before you. I am prepared to be hanged.”




No comments:

Post a Comment

Universal Language of Love and Hate.

Universal Language of Love and Hate. Sometimes, I wonder, why humans developed languages or even need them? If we look back, we will realize...