Sunday, April 24, 2011

SPOILT BY SPELLCHECK

IAM BEING SPOILT BY SPELLCHECK
Believe it or not, the facility of spell-check on computers is spoiling me. Earlier whenever I had a doubt I would check the dictionary and correct it. It would register for a long time or may be forever. Now I do not have to remember spelling of new words. In fact I have started forgetting the spellings I had learnt and practiced over the years.
Same is problems with figures (I am not talking about 36x24x36). I am talking about arithmetical figures and their application like additions, subtractions, divisions, multiplications, the easiest ones. I do not remember when was the last time I did these functions manually. The handy calculator does it for me.
Am I on the brink of dementia?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universal Language of Love and Hate.

Universal Language of Love and Hate. Sometimes, I wonder, why humans developed languages or even need them? If we look back, we will realize...