Saturday, January 24, 2015

SWACHCH BHARAT !!!!!!! MY FOOT

SWACHCH BHARAT, MY FOOT
Today on return from evening walk saw a well heeled lady driving a SUV, a teenage girl, may be her daughter, sitting next to her, throwing an empty wafer packet with banana  peels  out of the window of the running car. She seemed to be saying “I am all powerful.  I can throw my dirt anywhere I want. I do not care as long as my own surrounding is clean”.
A few distance later, saw a Rickshaw puller throwing an empty tobacco sachet on the road. He seemed to be telling “I live in unhealthy squalor anyway. Why should I care if your surrounding is clean or not’?
I am just wondering who is responsible for all the dirt around us- the lady and her ilk or the Rickshaw puller and his folks.  
The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that I am responsible for it.  I could not have run after the car and catch the lady and give a bit of my mind but I could have certainly admonished the rickshaw puller. But then I think why the rickshaw puller? Just because he is poor, lives in a filthy atmosphere and hence has no sense of cleanliness?
Again the more I think about it the more I am convinced that I am responsible for it. I could have the audacity to pull up the poor but have no guts to say a world to the powerful even if an opportunity falls in place.
The more I think about it the more I am convinced that I am responsible for it. It was only till yesterday (literally) that I used to do the same. Me the educated middle class preserver of moral values!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But somehow my middleclass values put me on the right path. But my middleclass values forces me to think about these abrasions in our society where the upper class and the downtrodden think similarly on certain vital issues. The yoke of reforms remains on the shoulders of the middleclass.


   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Universal Language of Love and Hate.

Universal Language of Love and Hate. Sometimes, I wonder, why humans developed languages or even need them? If we look back, we will realize...