Sunday, February 6, 2011

SWAMI VIVEKANANDA

Nor angel I, nor man, nor brute,
Nor body, mind, nor he or she,
The books do stop in wonder mute
To tell my nature, I am He.

Before the sun, the moon, the earth,
Before the stars or comet free,
Before even time has had its birth,
I was, I am and I will be.

Not two or many, ’tis but one,
And thus in me all me’s I have,
I cannot hate, I cannot shun
Myself from me, I can but love.

From dreams awake, from bonds be free,
Be not afraid. This mystery,
My shadow, cannot frighten me,
Know once for all that I am He.


Source: Swami Vivekananda, On Himself (The complete works of Swami Vivekananda)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universal Language of Love and Hate.

Universal Language of Love and Hate. Sometimes, I wonder, why humans developed languages or even need them? If we look back, we will realize...