Monday, May 17, 2010

FLYING HORSES....STORY

FLYING HORSES

My name is Roshan. My Mom calls me Ro and so do my friends. I am okay with this. In fact, I sort of like it. Montu and Pintu are my best friends. We are almost of same age. We are in different schools but in the same Grade. We gel very well together. Quite often, we are allowed ‘sleep over’ nights on weekends and this time it is at my place. We do a lot of catching up during these nights.

There are good many things to be shared about the school, mates, teachers, new books, games and so on. After dinner and ice creams, we watch some favorite movie. We try to excel each other in getting the latest entertaining DVD from the store. I have picked up “Flying Horses” for this night.

A few words about my best friends will not be out of place here. They have their dreams. Montu wants to be a Hollywood star some day. He is always up-to-date about leading Hollywood stars. I wish he would be equally up-to-date about his homework too. Many a times I have heard his parents asking him to finish his home work before he is served dinner. It is however to his credit that he always gets good grades in all the subjects. I guess he has a good grasping power and he can retain what he reads.

Pintu on the other hand is very hardworking and articulate. He also gets good grades. He dreams to graduate as a lawyer from one of the best Law Schools in the world. Not that
he wants to make a lot of money but because he wants to help people who cannot afford costly legal fees.

I would not like to say about my dreams. I am not shy of telling but to be honest, I have none. I want to be best in whatever I do. What if dreams do not come true? I think we are still too young to decide. Our Head Master says our dreams may change as we grow. We are a family of doctors, engineers and bankers. I think I will keep the options open. My grandpa assures me that his retirement fund will be managed by me should I decide to become a investment banker.

A few words about my sister Ruhi also otherwise she will feel bad that I have not included her in my story. She is a nice girl, irritating at times but overall tolerable. She ties a Rakhi (a sacred thread) on my hand every year on Raksha Bandhan. I have to give her a nice present and promise that I will protect her forever. I do not understand this. You have to give a gift and also protect. She should give me a gift for protecting her. Well a custom is custom. I would anyway protect her, as she is my sister

We comfortably settle on the sofa set and mount the DVD for play. “Flying Horses” is a story of a warrior King who travels to distant lands to expand his Kingdom. His wins all the wars. His strength lies in his fast, and intelligent Flying Horses in his army. His mounted army is a force to reckon with. No body dares to challenge his army. We three are glued to the TV, watching in awe the fast and furious actions of the flying horses and the solders mounted on them.

I get highly involved in such movies as if it is my own story. I guess it happens to others also but they do not admit. My friends often make a joke at my expanse but just ignore. Of course the identity with the Hero sticks as long as the movie is not boring.

I am gesticulating, guiding the hero, warning about the enemies coming fro behind. Not that the hero is listening but then as I said above all it is my personal encounter. It is my duty to help him. His win is mine. His happiness is mine. His sorrows are mine. (My friends, I know will add his queen is mine.) I am not thinking about a queen for the moment. In any case I just ignore the taunting of my BEAST friends.

The climax scene is in progress. Our Hero and his solders are fighting the last battle………………………….and what? The lights are off! There is darkness in the room .We can not even see each other. It’s possibly is mid night. Everybody else is asleep. We do a little whispering and decide not to disturb any body rather wait for the lights to return.

The TV screen is glowing, horses galloping out of the TV screen, we all mount them. They take us to distant lands. We were leading a huge mounted army, fought many battles, and won all of them. Then they take us on a Victory Ride over the hills, down the valleys, across the white clouds.

My Mom was shaking my friends and me.
We opened our eyes and could not believe that it was already
9 A M, time for breakfast. We had slept waiting for the
Power to return. I did not tell about my dream to anybody.
They will not understand. I am sure my friends also had
Similar dreams but they too will not say anything or might
Have forgotten.


WHAT A DREAM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universal Language of Love and Hate.

Universal Language of Love and Hate. Sometimes, I wonder, why humans developed languages or even need them? If we look back, we will realize...